Covid 19 Guest Info
At The Downings Bay Hotel, we are closely monitoring all information provided by the Government of Ireland, the Health Service Executive and World Health Organisation in relation to the COVID-19 virus.
Following the recommendation by the National Public Health Emergency Team in Ireland, the Government of Ireland issued an updated statement and guidance on measures that should be taken in the interest of Public Health on the re-opening of businesses.
Our operation at The Downings Bay Hotel has implemented these measures in the following manner, which includes but are not limited to the following:
- Safety and Sanitation
- Property Signage
- The well-being of our employees & guests
- Hand Hygiene & Respiratory Hygiene
- Physical Distancing
- Employee Responsibilities
- COVID TASKFORCE
- We have identified a team of management and staff to handle all issues in relation to COVID-19 and contact numbers have been shared internally
Enhanced safety and sanitation measures are currently in effect. The Downings Bay Hotel has implemented state of the art cleaning techniques, systems and devices to ensure the highest level of sanitation and disinfection.Our procedures are ‘best practice’ and are in line with all international standards from the EU and WHO, and national standards from the HSE and Department of Health.
The Downings Bay Hotel asks that any customers experiencing flu like symptoms or sickness to please postpone their visit to a later date. We would also ask that any customers that may have visited the countries affected by COVID-19, as updated by the HSE information here, or have been in contact with a confirmed case please postpone their visit.
Before returning to work, pre-return to work steps were taken by all staff, in which staff have declared they have not had COVID-19 or were in contact with anyone who had COVID-19.
Physical distancing is recommended to reduce the spread of infection. The current recommended distance to be maintained between people to minimise risk of transmission is 2 metres
There will be a no hand shaking policy implement – guests will be offered a friendly smile or verbal greeting.
We would appreciate if all guests would adhere to physical distancing while in the hotel, respecting other guests and staff members. It is advised to stand at least 2 metres away from other groups of people who are not from the same household at all times. Careful consideration needs to be given when using, communal areas, while standing in lines, using elevators, stairs or moving around the property.
Please note the following changes have been made within our hotel & among our staff to help combat the spread of COVID-19;
- Check in — to limit physical interaction between staff and guests a series of measures have been taken to implement social distancing we may ask can bills be emailed to you rather than printed.
- The hotel receptionist will verbally confirm guests check in details, date of arrival, check out date, room type, Room rate and Rate package.
- A pen will be used to sign declaration sheets but will be sanitized after each use.
- To limit the need for repeat contact at check out, guests will be offered the opportunity to pay at check in for their accommodation and any extra room charges will be automatically charged to their card on day of departure.
- A Return Room Key box have been placed on the reception desk. All keys being returned by guests are to be placed in this. All returned key cards will be sanitized after return.
- The reception desk will have the telephone numbers of the health authorities, medical centres plus public and private hospitals readily available in case a guest or employee falls ill.
- Cleaning and disinfecting will take place in all public spaces regularly during the day and more frequently during busy periods. Particular attention will be paid to frequently touched surfaces such as reception desks and counters, door handles, room keys and locks, ATMs, stair handrails and seating areas.
- Each room will be disinfected using a fogging machine after each guest leaves.
- Cleaning and disinfection protocols will be followed when cleaning guest accommodation. Particular attention will be paid to frequently touched items including
light switches, temperature control panels, door and furniture handles, television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, taps, telephones, kitchen appliances and flooring.
- We are removing for the time being any unnecessary objects that are not changed daily that other previous guests may have touched e.g. pens, notebooks, magazines, throws and cushions. All hotel and local information will be provided to guest via email after check in.
- A refresh of rooms will take place daily, guests may request for a limited or no refresh of their room during their stay.
- A refresh of rooms can only take place if the room is vacant, to allow for social distancing and the protection of our housekeeping staff
- All linen will be washed at a high temperature and in accordance with HSE guidelines. Dirty linen must be bagged immediately to eliminate excess contact while it’s transported to the property’s laundry facility.
- We are adhering to the 1metre seating rule in JC’s Bar and The Haven Restaurant therefore booking is essential.
- Tables will be a maximum of 6 people per table, all children will need to be seated and supervised by adults at all time.
- Due to government guidelines until the 20th of July, JC’s Bar & The Haven Restaurant will operate as table service only, guests & customers will be asked not to approach the bar.
- Employees must carry their own pen, order books and hand sanitizer with them at all times.
- Before serving a table and after clearing a table, all employees wash their hands for a minimum of 20 seconds or use sanitiser if hands are visibly clean.
- Attention is paid to hand and respiratory hygiene during order taking and service. Orders should be taken in a time- efficient manner and at a suitable distance to minimise time spent in close contact with guests.
Close contact can mean spending more than 15 minutes in face-to-face contact within 2 metres of an infected person.
- Due to government guidelines in relation to physical distancing, we will try and accommodate people as best we can, to help with social distancing we may use our ‘Sheephaven Suit’ to allow for extra room, we will not be in a position to guarantee table position in advance.
- All food and drink Menus will be cleaned down and sanitized after each use, using disposable roll.
- Menus will be made available to guests online on our webpage.
- After each guest/s use; every table, condiments, saltshakers etc. will be sanitized using disposable tissue.
- Supervisors and managers will ensure that guests do not congregate in groups, we do not intend to embarrass or upset anyone who is asked to adhere to the 2 metre distancing.
- We will take every effort to ensure guests are not queueing for tables at breakfast or dinner, clear markings on the floor will indicate appropriate physical distancing.
At busier times for breakfast, food may be served in the ‘Sheephaven Suite’ or if this is not possible, guests will be asked for their room number and they will be contacted when their table is ready.
In line with our responsibility, the management and staff at the The Downings Bay Hotel have now fully adopted these recommendations into the operating systems and procedures in each department throughout the hotel.
Our gymnasium at Magherabeg Leisure Centre will be open from the 20th of July 2020 in accordance with the current Government Guidelines. Due to Government Guidelines, the Pool, Jacuzzi, Sauna and Kidz Kingdom is closed until further notice.
For up to date information on this and other Government recommendations concerning Covid-19 in Ireland please visit the official Government of Ireland website at www.gov.ie.